[PERSONAL] Bartimaeus


Lebaran is coming, so I brought a book home to accompany me and I choose one of the Bartimaeus trilogy, The Amulet of Samarkand. Honestly, I chose this book because of the cover art, I thought it looks pretty... and I saw a handsome boy why not I picked it? Then I read the review on the back of the book and it sounds interesting, so I decided to adopt this book. After I read the book, I realized this book was released years ago, with different cover. This book was in my wish list. They say if it meant to be, the book will find you and here we are.

I finished the book hours ago and I'm satisfied.

The book tells us about modern magicians who mostly work for the government. A strong magician could call a demon/s or jinn/s and make contract with them.The demon or jinn said humans, especially magicians, loves power and wealth. They could do anything to get whatever they want, even if it means to kill. At the same time the magician despise commoner or ordinary humans, they think of them as ungrateful creature. If you think about it, magician plus power and wealth are very realistic. What is the reason a human decided to summon a demon or jinn and made contract with them?

So, is it them or us?

I once asked Aida who work and went through the streets on Ramadhan morning and afternoon, "is there any difference on the street on Ramadhan and normal days?" She was a bit surprised and took some time to think about it, then she said, "there is difference," she continued, "people get angry easily now." Her answer surprised me back. Then she told me about the events she occurred.

Another event was was when Hilda and I was ready to go home (from mbak's home) but it was late at night, we rode a bike (she rode her bike I pimped). We stayed the day before so we thought it wasn't good to stay for another day, and it was Ramadhan. But then om (uncle) told us to stay the night again because it was late. Mbak told him, "well, aren't the devils chained up on Ramadhan?" Then om answered while locking the door, "the devils are chained, but the humans aren't." After that mbak came to us with straight face and told us to stay and told what om just told her. It was kinda funny somehow. But it's the truth. Hilda added, she said there were more thieves in Ramadhan than normal days.

So... again, is it them or us?

Comments

More talk

Pengalaman Mengajukan VISA Korea Selatan (November 2019)

Pengalaman Mengurus Legalisasi Dokumen Apostille (Februari 2020)

[PERSONAL] 2018 Singer Playlist